There are several meaning about Invitation:
- Invitation is a document, written or printed or spoken words, conveying the message by which one is invited.
- The act of inviting; the requesting of a person’s company; as an invitation to a party, dinner, or to visit a friend.
- Invitation is a way to invite someone or more to go to a place or to do something.
II. Generic Structure
III. There are Two (2) Types of Invitation:
- Formal Invitation : is usually originate from institute, companies, and kind of it. Normally, Formal Invitation is written invitation.
- Informal Invitation: is personal invitation given to a friend, family, etc. Informal Invitation can be written invitation or verbal invitation.
IV. How To Express The Invitation?
- Let’s go to the Jakarta Fair!
- I hope you’ll come to my party.
- Please try to come.
- Would you like to come to my house?
- Would you like to join us?
- Are you free this afternoon?
- I would like to invite you to…
- I’d love to.
- I like that.
- It sounds interesting.
- It’s very nice of you to invite me.
- That would be wonderful.
- That sounds great.
- Thank you for the invitation.
- I’d love to, but I can’t.
- Sorry, I’m really busy.
- I’d love to, but I have many homeworks.
- I’m afraid I can’t.
- I’m really sorry.
- I’d love to, but I won’t be able to come, because…
- Sorry I can’t. I have to go to Jakarta this evening.
–> EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE
Rizky : Hey! What are you doing here?
Kwangmin: Oh hi! I’m doing my homework.
Rizky : I have a good news for you.
Kwangmin: Really? What is it?
Rizky : I’ll have my birthday party tomorrow at 7 p.m in my house. would you like to come?
Kwangmin: I’d love to.
Rizky : Good!
Hope this will help you guys,